- Electronic nicotine delivery systems are tobacco-free products that use liquid nicotine to mimic a real cigarette, cigar or pipe.
- Liquid in the cartridge is concentrated and SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES.
- LIQUID NICOTINE CAN BE LETHAL FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS.
- Liquid nicotine can cause harm when ingested or if it comes into contact with the skin.
- Small doses can be dangerous. Depending on the concentration, less than 1 teaspoon may be enough to kill a child.
Symptoms of exposure can include: Nausea, vomiting, headache, tremor, confusion and seizures.
If liquid nicotine is ingested call Carolinas Poison Center immediately.
Nicotine can be absorbed through the skin. If liquid nicotine comes in contact with the skin immediately use cool (not warm or hot) water and soap to wash skin; then call Carolinas Poison Center.
At this time, there is no adequate information to show whether using e-cigarettes is effective to help people quit smoking or safe with long term use.
Call Carolinas Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222 if someone is exposed to liquid nicotine.