Four fellowship trained medical toxicologists, board-certified in Medical Toxicology and Emergency Medicine, and a doctor of pharmacy, board-certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Applied Toxicology, are available 24/7/365 to consult with physicians and other healthcare providers. Pictured left to right are Drs. Russ Kerns, Christine Murphy, Michael Beuhler, Anna Rouse Dulaney, and Carolinas Poison Center Director, Dr. Marsha Ford.
Services provided include:
- Assistance with diagnosis of unknown, suspected poisonings
- Recommendations for optimal patient management
- Determination of the need for antidotal therapy
- Guidance on therapy endpoints and patient disposition
- Inpatient consultation for patients at Carolinas Medical Center
- Onsite educational lectures
Patients may also be referred by physicians to the Medical Toxicology Clinic, held Tuesdays from 8:00-10:30 am at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. Appointments may be made by calling 704-355-4212. Services are also available for independent medical examinations (IMEs) and worker's compensation patients. Dr. Lawrence Raymond, board-certified in Occupational Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Internal Medicine, provides expertise in these areas.